tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 30 11:10:40 1994

Klingon Holiday Observances was Re: Hamlet -Reply

On Wed, 30 Nov 1994, R.B Franklin wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 1994 [email protected] wrote:
> > I would think QI'lop would be such a more appropriate time of year to
> > practice this activity. Then again, we have no designated day for QI'lop on
> > the Terran calendar, under which we all suffer such discrepancies as leap
> > years, leap seconds, etc. {{{Maybe we should put one day aside to do just
> > that.}}} Only a thought.
>
> qechlIj vIparHa'.  QI'lop comes every tenth Klingon month and Empire Union
> Day comes in the third month.  We could observe these holidays in October
> and March.

I would suggest that Empire Union Day be observed on March 17.  It seems
appropriate that Klingons would be drinking green beer.  :-)  (And who
wouldn't argue that Klingon and Irish orthography both have their high
points....)

QI'lop on Halloween, maybe?  One day we could all dress like Klingons,
and wouldn't get stared at..... :-)

Dave.

Back to archive top level