tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 30 10:29:39 1994

Re: Hamlet -Reply

>Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 14:10:52 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "R.B Franklin" <[email protected]>

>qechlIj vIparHa'.  QI'lop comes every tenth Klingon month and Empire Union
>Day comes in the third month.  We could observe these holidays in October
>and March.

Say, where do you know this from?  I'm not much on Trek trivia and don't
have most of the books.  As it happens, lately I've been studying a few
calendar-generating programs and several different calendars and how
they're calculated, and was wondering about a Klingon one.  Anyone have
information on stuff like the length of the Klingon year, how many months
it has, etc?  I'd love to develop a calendrical system for it (and will do
so if anyone has any info to go on).  Doesn'tt matter if it's not the same
length as a Terran year; let it slide 'round the seasons!  So long as it's
right withr espect to what's happening on Qo'noS (aside from the day-length
problem, which I'd ignore: figure I'm counting Terran days to make a
Klingon year).  Hee... fun and exciting leap-year structures, heh...

Anyone care to wade through canon for this?

>Ho'Du'lIjDaq to'baj 'uSHom lughoDlu'bogh tu'lu'.

Always a fun sentence... certainly an interesting use of "-Hom", I thought
when I heard it first.

>yoDtargh

~mark

Back to archive top level