tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 28 14:29:15 1994

Re: please pay some respect to lingual minorities

Sami:

Please forgive our horrendous anglophonism.... It is essentially a
leftover from the early days when we were only an American phenomenon.
Now that Klingon thru KLI membership is now international, it is a relic
which should indeed be amended to "Discussions or any conversation
conducted in the Klingon language, or discussion *about* the Klingon
language in local Terran languages, with an English text provided along
with any other Terran language..."

Sad reality is that English is becoming the language of the Internet
(although some might argue it's binary :-).  Another key factor is that
the only dictionary provided so far is "English-Klingon, Klingon-English".

Quite an opportunity for those fluent in other languages to start the
projects for other languages.  Hmmm. "Finnish-Klingon, Klingon-Finnish".
Sounds interesting, although the vowel structure of Klingon would be
found *very* boring to natives of Suomi.... :-)

<[email protected]>     >tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?<  "Pardon me, but if I must
David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager                operate in a vacuum, can
Wake Forest University Department of Physics       I at least have a little
Box 7261 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?"

Back to archive top level