tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 29 16:18:41 1994

Re: please pay some respect to lingual minorities

On Mon, 28 Nov 1994, Johnny Wayne Jr Rittimann wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Nov 1994, Sami Laitala wrote:
>
> On the other hand, I think having other languages besides English and
> Klingon on the list wouldn't be so bad at first.  Just let it run its
> course and it will either die off or some languages will become more
> popular and graduate up to another list.

I never saw a problem with it.  I naturally assumed it meant a common
language Other Than Klingon.  The most common language here is
Lojban^H^H^H^H^H^H English.  But we've seen Italian, Spanish, and a
myriad of other langages.

> Something to think about...
>
> Of course, ANYONE could post in Klingon regardless of you native language.
> The trick is to learn Klingon :)

Aye, that's the rub!

> maybe if we restrict the languages to
> Klingon and Swahili?????  ...yeah I know I spelled it wrong :)

Then we'd end up having to learn Swahili[sic] by posting anything in
swahili, and have conversations about Swahili in Klingon.  {{:)

> johnny
>
> ps. I'm fairly new to this list, so my comments are COMPLETELY my own and
> do not neccessarily reflect the views of the originators or the majority of
> this list.

You and me both!

---------
chuQun