tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 28 14:35:53 1994

Re: targh lut

>Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 16:41:25 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: David E G Sturm <[email protected]>

>Terry:

>A nice innovation, using // for double quotes and / for single quotes.

>This might look nice when needing to //pull// an English word into Klingon...

>An example:

>		   >//Esperanto// Hol Dajatlh'a'<?

>		   >nuqDaq ghaH //Kirk//<?

>Comments on the idea?

*shrug*  Punctuation has never been fixed on this list (which is as it
should be).  People should use what makes the most sense, provided too many
others don't find it too confusing.  Personally, I like the / and //
convention; I find it easy to read na and it doesn't get lost among the
apostrophes like double-quotes do.  That doesn't mean I'll remember to use
it a whole lot, but it's nice enough.

~mark

Back to archive top level