tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 08 07:57:35 1994

Lunar cycles

Normal Mayan system was based on the number 20, not 12. The calendar was  based on 12 periods of 28 solar days, comparables to a moon cycle.

			Julio Rodriguez.
        				Klingon Empire Terran Culture
        				Delegation.

qapla'

I was under the impression that there are actually 13 lunar cycles in a year.  (28 days x 13 cycles = 364 days)The last lunar calendar at which I looked indicated thirteen, and attributed most of the associated mythology to Celtic (or Druid) lore.   But now I'm having a mental lapse as to the state of satelites of QonoS, and the cloud cover would make this an inappropriate method for calculating time anyway.

Ka'lIy, awaiting the next full moon

Back to archive top level