tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 07 16:27:30 1994

Klingon Bible Translation

Journal - National Newspaper of the Anglican Church
of Canada Vol. 120 No. 9   November 1994

Trekkie
Bible war

- NEW YORK

   (ENI) Linguists seeking to boldly go where no biblical
translator has gone before have fallen out in their efforts
to translate the Bible into Klingon.
   The Klingon language was created for the movie
Star Trek III: the Search for Spock.
   The Bible translators, based in Philadelphia, have split
because the language lacks many words found in the Bible.
   Most of the group wish to coin new words, such as "grain
food" and "water animals" for loaves and fishes.
   Professor Sten Proechel, who resigned from the group,
claimed the project should use notions familiar to Klingons.

________

My grandmother sent this to me from London, Ontario, Canada.  Just for
everyones information.

--
Margaret Kipp  [email protected]  [email protected]
First officer - USS Galaxy, CMO - RSS Tolkien

Back to archive top level