tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 09 14:19:16 1994

Re: DaqDaq?

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' d'Armond Speers jay'?

=> Wnen B (my cousin) and I were translating stuff, we translated
=> bed as {Qongnagh} sleep-stone.  Remember the beds that Picard and Data
=> were given in Unification?  Slabs of stone -- hence sleep-stone.

=Well, I caution against using a verb-noun construction such as
={*Qongnagh}, even if {Qong} has been used in a compound by Okrand
=elsewhere.  {QongDaq} is given in CK(?) as "bed."  It might just be a
=special case, and not necessarily indicate that {Qong} can be used as
=a noun in other constructions.

An alternative I *used* to use (not as much these days) would be QongwI' nagh.
Qonglu'meH nagh will also do.

Nick.

Back to archive top level