tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 27 06:08:08 1994

Re: UNSUBSCRIBING, in one easy lesson

Nick Nicholas writes:
< you're supposed to mail your unsubscribes to thlIngan-Hol-*request*?!
< Didn't the welcome message you got upon subscribing tell you so? In fact,

Thanks for the info. I got a help file when I first subscribed, it has
sort of been swamped by the postings I have saved from this net before
I was overwhelmed by their sheer numbers. It does mention unsubscribing.
However, since it was a welcome message, I simply forgot about it.
In all fairness, however, the help message didn't emphasize the "request"
part of the address.

< Someone make an FAQ, for qeylIS' sake...

There is a FAQ, but it doesn't mention unsubscribing. Perhaps it has
been updated since I got it.

< it's the same story for virtually all mailing lists on the Net

That's good to know, thanks again.  However, this is the first time
that I have really _needed_ to unsubscribe as most of the other newsgroups
I subscribe to are in USENET, where I can use a decent email
interface/server.

Back to archive top level