tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 06 02:20:05 1994

pronouns as verbs

Here's a question that has always been bugging me. Can "jIghaH" be used
for "I am him"? Or are prefixes on pronouns prohibited? If "jIghaH" is
valid, then could "mughaH matlh" or "matlh vIghaH" be another way of
saying "I am Maltz"? Of course, most Klingons would use "matlh jIH", but
I am curious. As far as I can tell the above forms are valid (pronouns
can have suffixes, so why can't they have prefixes?), but I am not sure.

        joy'wI'

Back to archive top level