tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 05 20:19:22 1994

Re: "veS QonoS"?

ghItlh [email protected] (Amy West):

>What is the "veS QonoS" that I've seen mentioned here
>a couple of times?

It was, I think, a non-KLI publication dealing with Klingons that
predated the second edition of TKD. One issue had a story or something
in tlhIngan Hol. It used some words that were new at the time; some of
them wound up in the addendum to TKD 2nd ed., while others circulate
through bootleg lists on the net {{:-). Or, you can order HolQeD 1.3,
which contained the list; the whole thing is considered canonical.

(Perhaps this should go in the FAQ?)

>And while I'm at it.. where are the old messages from this list
>archived?

In ghe''or, that dark place where the dishonored go, I think. (That
is, no one has done it.)

-QumpIn 'avrIn

PS: Did anyone else out there catch the episode of Saturday Night Live
last night, hosted by Patrick Stewart? I have to watch my roomate's
tape, as I was watching DS9 at the same time. They did a skit based on
an idea that has been in circulation since TNG began - the equivalence
between it and "The Love Boat". Something that is relevant to this
list is the presence, on the ship, of "Worf, Your Security Officer".
At one point, when Data is wondering why humans use the anniversary of
the beheading of a Christian martyr to celebrate love, Worf comments
"Klingons consider beheadings romantic." And at another time, he says
something about "the weak and the old have no place in shuffleboard"
to Picard. {{:-)

(Oh no ... now someone is going to translate the "Love Boat" theme
song into tlhIngan Hol...)

Back to archive top level