tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 18 17:22:25 1994

Klingon in mainstream press again

Okay, so I exaggerated; you may not consider this to be "mainstream", but
I thought it was interesting.

While waiting in an interminably long check-out line at the supermarket
today, I thumbed through a copy of Disney Adventures, which is a monthly
children's magazine.  (I thought it would be a more erudite read than the
tabloids typically on display at the check-out.)  This issue featured
Star Trek and it included a page devoted to the Klingon language,
complete with sample tlhIngan Hol phrases.  I was amused to find it even
made passing mention of HolQeD.

I think Guido once proposed the idea of making a Klingon cartoon or
illustrated primer.  That would probably be an excellent method of teaching
the language to younger readers or any non-linguists who have difficulty
muddling through the grammar section of TKD.

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level