tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 28 10:25:20 1994

Re: Klingon in mainstream press again

> Okay, so I exaggerated; you may not consider this to be "mainstream", but
> I thought it was interesting.
>
> While waiting in an interminably long check-out line at the supermarket
> today, I thumbed through a copy of Disney Adventures, which is a monthly
> children's magazine.  (I thought it would be a more erudite read than the
> tabloids typically on display at the check-out.)  This issue featured
> Star Trek and it included a page devoted to the Klingon language,
> complete with sample tlhIngan Hol phrases.  I was amused to find it even
> made passing mention of HolQeD.
>
> yoDtargh

I've been searching for this magazine (thought I think it's actually a
digest sized publication) since this post first appeared. Last night I
found a store that had the October, November, and December issues of
something called Disney Adventures and my wife and I scanned through all
three. We never found anything about Klingon (let alone a mention of the
journal).  If anyone has this and can send me photocopies of the relevant
pages, please do so.  If you can find one in a store go it would be great
if you could buy it and send it my way (for the archive), but email me
about it first, so I'm not having to reimburse a doze of you for the same
item. Or, if you want to buy it and just donate it, that's *always*
welcome.

Bottom line though, if someone is mentioning HolQeD somewhere, I want to
see it. That way I can follow up with a letter to the periodical's editor
and offer an interview and we can get more exposure!

Lawrence

--

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   :: The KLI is a nonprofit ::

Back to archive top level