tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 29 11:56:10 1994

Klingon music

chuQunvo':

> Hey folks!  I came across this filk song at a convention.  I've lost my
> dictionary, though, and wondered if it would be easy to translate it to
> Klingon.  It's a bit bawdy, I'll warn you, but nothing quite over PG-13.
>
> The Naked Klingon
> (sung to The Drunken Sailor)

[song verses deleted]

I was just wondering...  Has anyone ever composed songs in Klingon?
Does anyone have a tape of Klingon tunes?
I know I've heard a couple of songs on TNG and DS9; does anyone have the
words to those, or was that even real tlhIngan Hol?
I know charghwI' wrote a short piece: "HeHDaq bIyInbe'chugh vaj bIlI'Ha."
I was wondering if that actually had a melody.  charghwI', if I sent you
a tape, would you sing that for me?  {{:-)>

BTW, what is a chuS'ugh?  Is that one of those little lyre things the
the Klingon restaurant-owner on DS9 played as he sang to his guests?
Is there a klingon word for music?

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level