tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 29 11:31:25 1994

KLBC: maghwI'pu'

charghwI'vo':

> > neH maghwI'mey chaH maghwI'pu''e' QaQ.
>
> You need to go back to TKD and reread 5.4, especially the
> bottom of page 56. I suspect you want to place {neH} at the
> very end of the sentence. Even then, "The only good traitors
> are traitors scattered all about," is a strange sentiment. If
> you mean that they should be dismantled, I think you are
> misunderstanding this use of {-mey}. The GROUP would be
> scattered all about, but the individuals would still be whole.

pabpaqwIj vIlaDqa' 'ej DaH jIyajchu'.
Duy'ba' vIghItlhpu'bogh mu'tlheghvetlh.

QamchoH yoDtargh 'ej pe'vIl jatlh, "jagh DajeymeH nIteb yISuvrup!"

mu'tlheghvetlh vIghItlhqa' vInID:
maghwI'pu' qab chaH maghwI'pu' QaQ'e' neH.

Also, from reading p. 50, it appears that {-'e'} should be attached to the
adjective instead of the noun.

On another subject:  Can only intransitive verbs be used as adjectives?
My instincts tell me that if I want a transitive verb to modify a noun, I
need to use {-bogh}.

Still another question:
I was listening to the PK tape and I came across what sounded like:
SoHDaq qeylIS qa' yInjaj.  (May the spirit of Kahless live within you.)
This construction appeared odd to me because it indicates {yIn} is a
transitive verb and {qeylIS qa'} is the object.  Am I reading this right?

> charghwI'

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level