tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 21 06:55:46 1994

Re: Grist for the mill..

On Sat, 20 Aug 1994 [email protected] wrote:

For my work in the KBTP, I have been using the following:

> holy or sacred

le', "to be special"

> bless, be blessed

quvmoH and quv

> north, south, east, west

Your guess is as good as mine.

> spirit

qa'

> deity (God & Goddess, if gender is differentiated)

joH'a'.  I see no reason to differentiate gender.

> Lady (as in "my Lady", a counterpart to {joHwI'} (excuse spelling, my TKD is
> AWOL.

I wonder if a Klingon would not call a female commander joHwI' as well.

> reverence.

While I have not needed this is translating, I would probably use vuv,
"to respect".

Kevin A. Wilson                                [email protected]

                    "Give beer to the despairing
                     and wine to the bitter of heart;
                     let them drink and forget their poverty
                     and remember their trouble no more."