tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 19 16:47:48 1994

Re: Grist for the mill..

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' [email protected] jay'?

=     I need Hol for the following, and I'm not doing well on my own.  Any
=SERIOUS and USEFUL translations would be appreciated.

These are what I've used in my translation of Mark.

=holy or sacred

quv. lalDanmo' quv, if you want to be specific.

=bless, be blessed

naD.

=north, south, east, west

No idea; this has come up time and again. Any solution would have to include
the word for sun, pemHov/Hov'a'.

=spirit

qa', from Power Klingon. I make no distinction between spirit and soul.

=deity (God & Goddess, if gender is differentiated)

joH'a' is the only one anyone has come up with, although Dol'a' is a
possibility. In Hamlet, I turn from a Christian to a more polytheistic
world-conception, and have found qa''a' useful.

=Lady (as in "my Lady", a counterpart to {joHwI'}

I just use joH and jaw for both genders, in both Much Ado and Hamlet.

=reverence.

vuv

=     Any other religious/liturgical terms I missed would be appreciated.

Have a read of Mark's and my translations some time; they're in the Klingon
FTP site, HablI.tamu.edu, under the KBTP directory.

Nick, reading up on the history of relative clauses in Greek.

--
Nick Nicholas. Linguistics, University of Melbourne.   [email protected]
        [email protected]      [email protected]
            AND MOVING SOON TO: [email protected]

Back to archive top level