tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 21 07:03:17 1994

Re: How to translate the bible???

On Sat, 20 Aug 1994 [email protected] wrote:

> Yes.  It is essential that the translators do not put their "opinions" in
> the translation.  That is what ruined the KJV of the Bible and has turned
> Christianity into a religion of repression and prohibitions, instead of love.

I have seen several posts of this character go by my screen, and for the
most part I have ignored them.  I would like to point out, however, that
this is a list for the discussion of tlhIngan Hol, not for the discussion
of religious opinions.  I personally have no problems with religious
discussions, as I am a theologian by trade, but I have felt no pressing
need to annoy any of you with my doctrines and opinions about religious
issues.  I do that on a religious list instead of here.  I would
appreciate it if others could show the same respect.

Kevin A. Wilson                                [email protected]

                    "Give beer to the despairing
                     and wine to the bitter of heart;
                     let them drink and forget their poverty
                     and remember their trouble no more."