tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 19 07:43:48 1994

Re: I'm back

> ghItlhlaw' charghwI'
> >According to [email protected]:
> >>

> >> 'ewropDaq jIghIQpu'qu'mo' tlhIHvaD jIchegh rIntaH
>
> >You know that whenever Krankor catches up in in mail enough to
> >see this that {'ewropDaq} is going to send him through the
> >roof. It's waaay cute, but this kind of Klingon spelling of
> >English sounds really sets him off, especially when you don't
> >put anything around the word to indicate it is special.
>
> No, I didn't do it for the cute effect. The {ew} phoneme of the name of the
> continent we call "Europe" is still preserved in many European languages. It
> was us Americans that screwed it up.

I don't think it was the {ew} part he contested; I think he was
contesting that you did a transliteration without flagging it.  I too,
almost looked this up. PLEASE!!!!!!! You have been around here long
enough to know this, Guido...

EITHER FLAG THE DANG TRANSLITERATIONS, OR (better yet!) DON'T USE THEM AT

(capslock intentional!  This REALLY gets my goat!)

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level