tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 19 07:57:51 1994

Re: no applause, just throw money

charghwI'vo':
> > let me struggle to clarify my views. i wish for everyone to
> > write Klingon naturally. the whole anti{-Daq} business came from
> > GlenProechel, in whose InterstellarLanguageSchool Primer Textbook he stated
> > that {ghoS} is always intransitive. he said this in a book for teaching the
> > language, for cryin out loud. it got me riled up. i apologize.
>
> Any time you wish to express frustration with Glen Proechel,
> you are quite likely to find a lot of empathy on this list. IMO
> Glen is misguided. He wishes to transform his imperfect skill
> at speaking Klingon into personal profit and a vehicle for the
> proselytizm of Christianity. He's a proselytute. {{:)> He is
> wrong about {ghoS}, wrong about the free use of verbs as nouns

No, he is quite right about <ghoS>... at least, the bit about not having
to use -Daq with it.

It's right there in the KD, page 28, first paragraph.

Or is this a new thing about what's-his-face (I can never get my names
straight until I have a personaltiy or a face to go with them, and
even then, I can screw up...) and <ghoS> you are talking about?

> > i think i'll just slink away for a few days
> > here. now charghwI', being the true proud Klingon that he most certainly is,
> > will probably jump all over my sorry self for being such a HemHa'wI'.
>
> Good prediction.

I also have to agree with cw here... but he said everything MUCH better
than I ever could, so I will just sit back, and add my 'Yeah!  What *he*
said!'s in...

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level