tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 09 23:53:45 1994

Re: I'm back

According to [email protected]:

> >> 'ewropDaq jIghIQpu'qu'mo' tlhIHvaD jIchegh rIntaH
>
> >You know that whenever Krankor catches up in in mail enough to
> >see this that {'ewropDaq} is going to send him through the
> >roof...
>
> No, I didn't do it for the cute effect. The {ew} phoneme of the name of the
> continent we call "Europe" is still preserved in many European languages. It
> was us Americans that screwed it up.
>
> Guido#1

Sorry that I didn't express this clearly enough. Krankor has
repeatedly expressed rather vociferous dismay at anyone writing
an English word in Klingon spelling. It doesn't matter if the
pronunciation is perfect that way. What matters is that you
have a word there that has no indication on it that a person
can't find it in TKD.

My hair is still smoking from the flames I received when I
referred to the game "Doom" as {Dum}. If the word is English,
then you need to set it apart with quotes, asterisks, square
brackets or other clear markers to point out that it is not a
Klingon word.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level