tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 18 06:47:51 1994

Re: "SCA"nga

charghwI'vo':
> According to HoD trI'Qal:
> >
> > > Hmm.  Now How do I say "Havent been to an event in a year or so" ...
> > > :-)
> >
> > Um....
> >
> > qaStaHvIS wa' DIS, pagh ghu'a'Daq jISaH?
> >

> > --tQ
>
> Well, first off, with {DIS}, you can't tell if this is "While
> last year happened" or "While this next year happens". Is it
> past or future? Secondly, you left out a glottal stop. The
> comical result means, "While a year happens, I am present at
> zero significant-babies." You meant {ghu''a'Daq}, though I
> think that {wanI'Daq} might be a better choice. Note that here
> we are talking about the physical location of the event.
>
> charghwI'

How embarassing!  You are right, though, I certainly meant <ghu'>!
HIvqa' veqlargh!

How about:

	qaStaHvIS wa' ben, pagh wanI''a'Daq jISaH

Better? {{:)

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level