tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 08 00:36:02 1994

Re: "SCA"nga

According to HoD trI'Qal:

> > Hmm.  Now How do I say "Havent been to an event in a year or so" ...
> > :-)
>
> Um....
>
> qaStaHvIS wa' DIS, pagh ghu'a'Daq jISaH?
>

> --tQ

Well, first off, with {DIS}, you can't tell if this is "While
last year happened" or "While this next year happens". Is it
past or future? Secondly, you left out a glottal stop. The
comical result means, "While a year happens, I am present at
zero significant-babies." You meant {ghu''a'Daq}, though I
think that {wanI'Daq} might be a better choice. Note that here
we are talking about the physical location of the event.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level