tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 07 03:29:22 1994

Re: Names in tlhIngan Hol

> On Tue, 2 Aug 1994, ghItlhpu' d'Armond Speers:
>
> > I don't know what it'd be in *Klingoneze*, as I'm not even sure what
> > that is, but in tlhIngan Hol, it'd be {HotlhwI'}.
>
> Klingonese (Klingoneze, Klingonaase) is the bastardization of either
> English to make it look like tlhIngan Hol.
>
> Example, English to German (son: Germinglish):
>
> Actung alles lookenspeepers.  Das computenmachine ist nicht fur
> gefingerpoken.
>
> Get the point?

No, as I don't speak German.

The point that I believe Holtej was trying to make was that some of use
don't call Klingon Klingonese/Klingonase/whatever.  To us, it is either
Klingon or tlhIngan Hol.

> Now, I've been wondering about names.  Most of us have Klingon names, but
> I've never bothered to look them up.  I'd be interested in finding out
> why everyone chose the names they did.
>
> FYI, I chose chuQun because that's what Heidi means in German.
>
> How about the rest of you?

This is a *very* long story, and one I am not inclined to post to the list.

If you still want to hear it, I would be happy to send it you... just
send me some email to the address listed below.

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level