tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 07 02:53:24 1994

Finding typos in the KD (was: Re: Ranks)

> >> Anyone got a list of typo's, spelling mistakes and other elements
> >> missing from the dictionary, or shall I just try and compile my own list?
> >
> >There are two reasons it is better to compile your own list.
> >First, it avoids any hint of copyright violation. Second,
> >you'll become infintely more familiar with the vocabulary for
> >having done so. Several of us have done it. Consider it a rite
> >of initiation.
> >
> <deleted stuff >
>
> >charghwI'
> >

> Um, it's "east" to compile a list of missing words from the dictionary,
> all it takes is a *lot* of time.  How, though, can we come up with a
> list of typo's if we don't know they exist?  If you see something
> spelled 2 different ways in the dictionary, How are you supposed to
> know which one is the correct spelling?
>
> Susan

Most of the time, just look at the examples.  The examples are almost
*always* right.  Or use common s and logic your way through it.

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level