tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 05 06:44:29 1994

Re: salutations!!!!

> Hi! I hope I'm not going to annoy anyone by asking a rather simplistic
> question... I am very much a beginner.
>
> Is there a word for 'eclipse' in the Klingon lang.? Someone asked me, and
> I couldn't locate it in my TKD, I tried coming up with something like
> "shadow of the moon from the sun" or some such.. but I haven't even got a grasp
> of basic Klingon structure yet... can someone give me a clue so I can give this
> person an answer?

I tried to find a word for "cross over" but failed miserably.  Hrm.  I
think on this one.

> Any help appreciated greatly!
>
> Michael (who's nickname is 'Scanner' but forgot what that is in Klingoneze as
> well and forgot his TDK at home...  :)   )

Okay, this is one of my little pet peeves. (So don't take this comment
personally, 'kay?)

It's Klingon, or, better still, tlhIngan.

There is no such thing as "Klingoneze" or "Klingonase" or whatever.

And the word for scanner is <HotlhwI'> {{:)

--tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level