tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 05 06:26:12 1994

Re: Translate *that* sentence...

> On Sat, 30 Jul 1994, ghItlhpu' HoD trI'Qal:
> > > ------------------
> > > chuQun, who really should have her dictionary with her more often so she
> > > could post more often in Klingon.  [<THAT sentence> Damugh!]
> >
> > tlhIngan Hol lo'taHvIS pIj lablaHmeH, pIj mu'ghomDaj ghajnISbogh chuQun
> >
> > qar'a'?
>
> vIparHa'  chorgh English Hol mughwI' jIHvaD QeHmoH mu'tlhegvetlh
>
> --------------------
> chuQun, praying she also got that sentence correct

Well, I translated it as:  I like it. [You should really so something to
distinguish between sentences.  If you don't like using punctuation
(which there is a precedent for), then at least put each separate
sentence on a different line?  It *does* make parsing what you wrote
easier... {{:) ]  That sentence [note the small typo in <mu'tlhegh>!]
caused me to be angry the eight English translations.

Which doesn't really make sense.  What did you intend?

-tQ

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level