tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 23 10:39:10 1993

Re: Question from STrek-l

>From: [email protected]
>
>This is my first real crack at translation and all that.  Now, if I did this
>correctly I think this says (roughly): "My apparently white lives".  Is this
>correct?
>Pu' being the plural
>wI' being possessive
>yIn being lives (I'm assuming the noun)
>chiS being white
>law' being apparently or seemingly
>
>Am I right?

-pu' is plural for nouns, perfective for verbs, -wI' is posessive for nouns
and for verbs, means about the same as english "-er": one who X, thing which
Xes, etc.  law' is also used in the law'/puS comaprison construct and means
'many' although could have been confused with it's counterpart "puS" (less).

In which case, after substituting the alternate meanings for these homonyms,
I could derive from " yInpu'wI' chiSlaw' " something like "previously living
dimly white thing" though I suspect my treatment of "law'" to be in error
anyway.

- voDleH Qenatlh

Back to archive top level