tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 06 10:09:08 1993

No Subject

qajatlh

     I suspect the best way to diminish messages illegible to most of us is
to ignore them. They are a lot quicker to pull up, then delete than they are
to write, so the creator appropriately faces the majority of the hassle.
Meanwhile, every comment about these lesser known languages (among the KLI
list members) only gives the creator that much more to respond to. It gives
him the attention he clearly sought in the first place. Heaven forbid that he
step back to being just another Klingon student... As one who also writes in
Estonian, he's special. Incomprehensible, but special. Self amusing, perhaps,
but special. Immature, perhaps, but special.

     And we make sure he knows he is special by filling the bandwidth with
non-Klingon responses to his non-Klingon related babble and forget why we are
here in the first place.

     Qu'vatlh
--   charghwI'

Back to archive top level