tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 04 06:39:13 1993

No Subject

I think it would be safe to say that all the members of this list do speak
English, almost all of them quite well.  Even figuring Klingon into the
equation, English is still the only language on this list that one can be
relatively sure all the members will understand.

I joined this list to ask questions about Klingon and to get practice in
understanding Klingon sentences.  My interests in French, German, Finnish,
or Estonian are marginal at best.  Had I a desire to converse in these
languages, I would have used the handily-provided list-of-language-lists
so recently posted on this list and joined one of those.

Since only a relatively small percentage of the users on this list do actually
speak German, French, Finnish, or Estonian, what good does it do anyone to
post in these languages?  I also speak Spanish, but I expect any questions
I pose in Spanish to go unanswered, even unconsidered or ignored totally
by the majority of the list's members.

- Krenath

Back to archive top level