tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 24 20:35:09 2010

Re: News from Maltz

Zrajm C Akfohg ([email protected])

Looking through some old postings on this mailing lists to find words
that I might have missed and should include in the Klingonska
Akademien dictionary, I found the following which I simply cannot make
sense of:

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 04:40, ghunchu'wI' <[email protected]> wrote:
> 2) The noun {vIl} is hard to define. ÂMaltz had given a description
> of something which was immediately recognized as a speed bump by
> everyone present, but it was apparently intended not as an actual
> definition but as an example of something which is "just there".
> There is obviously an etymological relationship with and {vIlle'},
> which is currently the best clue we have to its true meaning.
> ["Groupie" and "entourage" were suggested by those present at the
> time, but Marc didn't think they fit.]

Does the noun {vIl} refer to a "speed bump"? Or does it mean
"something which/someone who is just there"? Or does it have some
meaning similar to "groupie"/"entourage" (but not quite that)?

*scratches head in perplexion*

/maHvatlh

Back to archive top level