tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 22 08:14:43 2010

Re: RE: monastery

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> Lieven:
> >> By the way, "Christmas" is a also a term for a religious community,
> >> isn't it?

Voragh:
> No.  That's the name for a holiday (and the associated season) used *by* a
> religious community.  The (somewhat outdated) term *for* the community
> itself is "Christendom".

aha... Hm, perhaps there lies *my* misunderstanding, the use of "for" in this case. Can't I say "spoon is a tool FOR the cook" in the same way as I say "spoon is a word FOR the cook"?

Nevermind, I think this is getting too much off topic. What we certainly know is that {ghIn} is Klingon for "monastery".

But what about a pun? Is there a know monastery that sells gin, maybe?

Quvar.