tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 10 16:11:43 2008

Re: Meteor

On Apr 10, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Jonathan Webley wrote:
> The artist, Ronnie Heeps, has sent me a picture of the sculpture:
> http://mughom.wikia.com/wiki/nagh_beQ:Glentress_stane.jpg

That's no meteor.  The obviously terrestrial origin of the rock
spoils it for me.  There's also an odd, "Photo-shopped" look to the
text. It might just be that he smoothed a strip of stone before
carving the letters, but the picture of it simply looks weird.

> And then in the top right there is a sentence which seems to start
> {vu.} but
> is probably the start of {yuQ} from the first line.

It starts {vu'}, and I can sort of see a {Ha'} and some more letters
after it.  I get the impression that there are some invisible letters
before it as well.  The extreme right has something that looks like
{...u',} which would fit well as the last letters of {nganpu'} and
the comma ending the first line.

Back to archive top level