tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 10 12:56:49 2008

Re: Meteor

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

At 02:33 PM Thursday 4/10/2008, Jonathan Webley wrote:

>Do you remember the translation required for a "meteor" in a Scottish
>mountain biking centre?
>
>The artist, Ronnie Heeps, has sent me a picture of the sculpture:
>http://mughom.wikia.com/wiki/nagh_beQ:Glentress_stane.jpg
>
>I don't know who supplied the translation that he has used. Apparently the
>text runs around the stone, I don't have the full transcript that he is
>using.

Hmm... not exactly how I pictured it when we hammered out the translation,
but similar to the school of abstract-ish sculptures we saw in KCD.  Pity
he chose not to use pIqaD;  now *that* would have attracted more
attention!  (He could have put the transliteration and translation on a
plaque on the side.)  Still, it is Klingon sculpture.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level