tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 10 12:35:54 2008

Meteor

Jonathan Webley ([email protected])

Do you remember the translation required for a "meteor" in a Scottish
mountain biking centre?

The artist, Ronnie Heeps, has sent me a picture of the sculpture:
http://mughom.wikia.com/wiki/nagh_beQ:Glentress_stane.jpg

He requested a translation of:

Due to bad management by its current inhabitants.
The Klingon Empire claim the right to take this planet for the benefit of
the greater universe.
This rock is an official legally binding claim marker.
We will be arriving soon, your future is assured.

Our joint effort was:

                yuQvam luvu'Ha'mo' nganpu',

                                Because the inhabitants have mismanaged this
planet,

                'u' HochvaD DoQ tlhIngan wo'.

                                the Klingon Empire claims it for the whole
Universe.

                per mub 'oS naghvam.

                                This stone represents a legal "marker".

                tugh mapaw,

                                We will be arriving soon,

                Sanraj wuqlu'pu'.

                                Your fate has been decided.

The text in the picture is a version of most of the last two lines, reading:

                tugh mapaw,

                                We will be arriving soon,

                Sanna'lIj

                                Your (sing., derogatory) definite fate.

And then in the top right there is a sentence which seems to start {vu.} but
is probably the start of {yuQ} from the first line.

I don't know who supplied the translation that he has used. Apparently the
text runs around the stone, I don't have the full transcript that he is
using.

Back to archive top level