tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 22 01:19:09 2006

Re: Dilbert Comic in Klingon for 2006/10/19

pm5 ([email protected])

On 10/22/06, Terrence Donnelly <[email protected]> wrote:
> --- pm5 <[email protected]> wrote:
> >      DIlbot: {bItuQHa''eghmoHta' pagh porghlIj
> > vIlegh 'e' botlaHbe' SutlIj.} (3)
> >     Dilbert: "Are you naked or am I developing X-ray
> > vision?"
> >

> I like your rendering of "X-ray vision", although I'd
> use {botbe'choH} instead.

That would mean "you're clothes used to prevent me seeing your body, but not
anymore".  Indeed it is a more accurate translation.

> You are using {-ta'} consistently as if it is a past
> tense marker.  I get that you are trying to show
> how much you've accomplished, but I would leave it
> off after the first use on {rIn}. I think that would
> establish that everything is already done, and then
> youo wouldn't need to keep repeating it.

The same advice applies to all type 7 suffixes, right?  I think they all
establish such a context.

pm5

Back to archive top level