tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 21 21:34:54 2006

Dilbert Comic in Klingon for 2006/10/19

pm5 ([email protected])

Greetings Warriors:

Here are the dialogues in [Dilbert comic for October 19][1].  I'm
moving English to the second line to see if those translations speak
for themselves.  The two words "whitepaper" and "patent" are left as
is because I'm not sure if there's equivalent concept in Klingon.
Corrections and advises are appreciated.

     DIlbot: {qaStaHvIS wa' jaj Hoch Qu'meywIj vIrInta'.} (1)
    Dilbert: "I finished all of my projects in one day."

     DIlbot: {De'wI'mey vIrarchuqqa'ta', Soch <whitepaper> vIghItlhta'
'ej Hut <patent> vISuqta'.} (2)
    Dilbert: "I also reconfigured the network, wrote seven white
papers and applied for nine patents."

     DIlbot: {bItuQHa''eghmoHta' pagh porghlIj vIlegh 'e' botlaHbe' SutlIj.} (3)
    Dilbert: "Are you naked or am I developing X-ray vision?"

        pIn: {qa'vIn puj yIqel.} (4)
       Boss: "Give a thought to decaf."

 [1]:http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20061019.html

pm5