tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 30 16:37:32 2003

Re: Greeting and Question

qe'San \(Jon Brown\) ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Before I start I must add this is not a qualified comment just a personal
opinion:

I like your baHwI' yInqa' for "reliving gunner"

As a "Zombie" is where a corpse is brought back to life (as in like an
automaton rather than brought back to life as might happen in a hospital). I
first wondered about muH "put to death" and adding Ha' but I'm not as that's
not strictly an opposite and may not apply in any other instance other than
reanimating after execution.  But if it did that would give you   baHwI'
muHHa'

Then thinking about it further as we have a word for corpse I believe the
construction [lom vIH] would mean "moving corpse" but that would give you:

baHwI' lom vIH  -  Gunners Moving Corpse
or stretching poetic license "Gunners animated Corpse"

Whether it should also have -taH is something I'm not sure of

Then again using live for living corpse you'd get

baHwI' lom yIn

As corpse implies death, I don't believe you need the -qa' suffix on yIn but
perhaps reliving corpse adds emphasis.

Just my two cents worth.

qe'San