tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 14 17:38:19 1998

Bad Mailer! bat'telh yISop!

Thanks  charghwI' 'utlh

RE: MIME.  OOPS.  Sorry about that.  I use 2 different mailers
simultaneously & my post defaulted to the wrong one.  This Better?

>You refer to a nickname as a "dishonest label". Is that an idiom I missed
in KGT?

Hmm.  I was using <pojwI' for Windows> by d'Armond Speers at work, since I
don't have any of my books here.  It's lexicon defines per yuD as
"code-name".  "Nick-name" was my paraphrase.

BTW:  lomqa' is "Ghost" - straight out of my True Copy of Hamlet.
Ghost=Spook, another convenient paraphrase?

>tuHmeywIj Sam 'e' lunIDtaHvIS, peghtaHmo', lomqa' vIrurlaw'.

>"Because my maneuvers continued to be secret while they tried to
>observe them, I apparently resembled a spook."

I LIKE that.  I was having a devil of a time with the "to-be" issue.  I
personally prefer to write in E', but it is doubly hard to think in E' AND
translate to tlhIngan hol. (See http://www.crl.com/~isgs/tobecrit.htm )

Thank you for your comments.  I will integrate them into my studies.

BTW (2): I am NOT a retired SEAL.  I was medically discharged from an Army
unconventional warfare/special operations training group in '92.  But that
don't mean this dog caint hunt... {{;-{)

Qapla'

Back to archive top level