tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 16 07:49:39 1998

KLBC - puqbe'oywI'

KLBC 0 puqbe'oywI'

'IHchu'qa' puqbe'wI'.  bID ben poghpu'.  nenchoHmoHlI'meH ghaH jIboH.
jIHemqu' ben yab ghaHDI' 'ej jInaqDaj HevlaH.

"My daughter is absolutely beautiful.  She was born (c'mon gimmie a break,
she was done being born at the time, perfective, right?) half a year ago.  I
am impatient for her to start growing up.  I will be so proud when she is
old enough and can receive her jInaq."

> Qaghmeymo' neH taghwI' vIbIjbe'.  Qagh nIb ta'taHchugh yajlaHlaw'bogh
> taghwI', vIbuQ, 'ej Qaghvetlh vIleghqa'DI' chaq 'oy'naQ vIlo'.  not
> Sovbe'wI' yajbe'wI' joq vImup.  buDwI', yepHa'wI' qoj vIHup.

"I don't punish initiates due to mistakes alone.  If they keep making the
same mistakes that initiates seem able to understand, I threaten them, and
as soon as I see that mistake again, I might use the painstick.  I never
strike one who doesn't know or understand.  I punish lazy ones and careless
ones."

Should /qoj/ in the last sentence be /joq/?

> > /pIl/  "be stimulated, be inspired, be motivated"
>
> qatlho'.  jIHvaD mu' chu' DaQIjta'.

/qatlho'/?  Did you mean /qatlha'/ "I follow you?""You have explained a new
word for me."

> ==
> Qov - Beginners' Grammarian

- tuv'el, pach puqloD