tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 15 14:53:41 1998

Re: KLBC - pabwIj vIlughmoH 'ej mu'tlheghmey chu' vIqon

KLBC - 'e'

Robyn Stewart wrote:

> ---Burt Clawson  wrote:
>

> > ghobe'.  Sov'a' jupma' pagh'e'?  "No.  Does our friend Pagh know?"
>

> Hmm.  Please answer this.  Why did you put /-'e'/ on /pagh/?  Do you
> believe it is required there?  It's not necessarily wrong, it's just
> that you use /-'e'/ a lot and I want to make sure you know what you
> are doing with it.

I'm not quite clear on how to use 'e' properly.  I realize that it is not
required on a pronoun at the end of a sentence, it has just been working out
that way.  When I use 'e' it is to put emphasis on it, I don't understand
how it used otherwise (though it seems clear that it is required in certain
sentence structures.)  jIH'e' = "ME ME ME and no one else!"  ghaH'e' in my
sentence about the Romulan ambassador = "I accidentally served [him] dead
qagh, but HE {the idiot} never noticed it."  I used it in this last
sentence, because I wanted to make sure everyone realized I was talking
about Pagh, frequent stand-in for the BG, rather than pagh, no one, zero,
nothing.

> ==
> Qov - Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level