tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 25 15:22:06 1998

Re: KLBC Poetry (the child is happy)

 Qov wrinkled her nose:

>}I prefer the stone in that way than this stone in my shoes!!!
>}tlhIngan HolDaq mu'tlheghvam vImughqang 'ach tujqu'choH nachwIj
>
>I have to wrinkle my nose at the use of {-Daq} to mean "into a language."
>Even metaphorically, that's not a physical location.
>Perhaps: {mu'tlheghvam vImughmeH tlhIngan Hol vIlo'qang ...}
>
>}(I am willing to translate this sentence into klingon,
>}but my head is overheating)  :-))
>
>jIHagh.

   [..]

>}    Ahhh .. This is the point. If the subject has the
>}topic 'e' suffix, the it refers to the previous
>}sentence (in this case).
>
>yay!  I hoped that was the point you needed.

    The definite point.

>}DaH Quch ghew HoHpu'bogh puq'e'
>}(Now, the child who has killed the bug is happy)
>}That's it?
>
>HIja'! majQa'.  ghojmeH mIwlIj vIyajbe' 'ach Daghojta'mo' jIQuch.

    When I have a doubt I like to see all variations in order
to understand their meanings. Sometimes a small problem for one
is a big for other. It's quite difficult to explain the obvious.
After we solve the problem, it becomes easier to understand
and we start to use the words and expressions correctly.

>}     Although my "bridge" for klingon is the
>}English language, I can understand most of things.
>}Of course I'm not skilled in english, but I can
>}understand the most of things.
>
>jIbel. rut qajangtaHvIS jIyep 'ach rut jIyepHa'.

    ghItlhmey vIlaDtaHvIS jIyep je.
    (I am also careful while I'm reading the "corrections")

>qamISmoH vIneHbe'.

    chomISmoHbe'. vImISlu'DI' qatlhob
    (you don't confuse me. When something confuses me, I ask you)

>}    For me, I learn best with the exemples. I'm
>}not sure who (voragh pagh charghwI') gave me
>
>That would be {Voragh charghwI' ghap}.  When you use "or" to join nouns the
>word is {ghap} and it goes after all the nouns.

    Yes..after post the msg I noticed that.

>}lot of useful exemples of using -pu' and -ta'
>}As I said, I wrote lot of sentences in order
>}to see their meaning. I only forgot that the
>}one was the subject of the other. :-((
>
>A good exercise.  chaq vIyajchoH.

    yItchoHpa' puq reH pum ghaH
    (Before a child starts to walk she always falls down)

>}    It was an honor, but don't matter. The
>}portuguese verbal suffixes are terrible.
>
>jImon.  wot mojaqmeylIj mIgh vIghoj vIneHbe'!

    ;-))

>}    No. They are quite the same. The problem
>}is the ghojwI''e' not the languages.
>
>qaybe' ghojwI''e'.  qay' yajchuqghachmaj neH.

    May be. The more we learn the more we find problems.
This is the process of learning.

>}    Thanks a lot. So, I will only ask you to give
>}me more and more exemples. I know you are good in
>}this job. Seeing the exemples I can compare them
>}each other and understand their use.
>
>I'll remember that.
>
>But now you have to translate ...
>A stone in the way is preferable to a stone in my shoe.

    wa' bach vIghaj'a' neH (?)  (Have I only 1 shot?)
    yItlhap  (here it is)

    HeDaq naghvam vImaS law' waqwIjDaq naghvetlh vImaS puS

Edy

Back to archive top level