tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 24 22:24:27 1998

Re: KLBC Poetry (the child is happy)

At 15:09 98-01-23 -0800, qoror wrote:
}ghItlh voragh
}>Actually, only about half of {vaj}'s attestations in canon are in "if...
}>then" statements. So (vaj!) you can feel more confident about this useful
}>conjunction in other circumstances.
}
}I do like the construction of putting it at the beginning of a sentence.
}It can be argued (all right, *I* argue) that it can be "therefore" in each
}case.

It was {vaj} linking two main clauses in the same sentence that I needed to
see.  nuHlIj DawIvpu' vaj yISuv did that.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level