tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 09 09:18:19 1998

Re: Poetry

According to m109:

> ja' Eduardo Fonseca
>
> I mean:    "During the life of my eyes which are very tired".
>

>     Doy'qu'bogh qaStaHvIS mInDu'wIj'e' yIn
>
> I would phrase this, thus.
>
>         qaStaHvIS Doy'qu'bogh mInDu'wIj'e' yIn

Unfortunately, there is a rule that you can't have a Type 5
noun suffix on the first noun of a noun-noun construction. Both
of you break this rule. You can probably claim "poetic
license", which is precisely why I don't edit, translate, or
enjoy poetry unless someone does something remarkable with it,
like SuStel's recent jatmey offering...

Meanwhile, I can't understand the English well enough to
pretend to translate it. It is not a sentence, and it has two
unrelated time references. My eyes are tired right now, and
they have had and continue to have a lifespan.

> qelayn
> --
> m109

charghwI'