tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 09 13:29:01 1998

Re: {'evnagh} (was Re: KLBC: logh veQ)

According to Alan Anderson:

> ja' peHruS:
> >I like the concept {muDHom} brings to mind.  But, the reason I am writing at
> >all is to throw out the query of when to use {'evnagh}.  Maybe I should have
> >put that in a separate post with my name on it.
>
> *I* use {'evnagh} when I'm talking about "subspace". :-P  On occasion
> I've stretched it to refer to the "luminiferous aether" of an earlier
> age's understanding of the nature of light.
>
> I suppose I would understand it if someone wanted to discuss Special
> Relativity and used {'evnagh} to mean "space-time", but since we lack
> a good vocabulary base for mathematical concepts, I don't think that
> discussion would be very productive.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

logh-poH 'oH vIHtaHghach'e' 'e' vIHar. vIHbogh pat 'oH
logh-poH'e'. Relativity implies that all things move to some
valid point of observation. Vectors are described by location,
direction and speed, the latter being the time element, and if
an object appears to be stationary, just change your observer's
perspective. Space-time is motion. Our point in the continuum
is simply our moment and location in a vast system of motion
which can only be perceived within our event horizons.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level