tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 09 20:36:53 1998

Re: {'evnagh} (was Re: KLBC: logh veQ)

mujang charghwI':
>> I suppose I would understand it if someone wanted to discuss Special
>> Relativity and used {'evnagh} to mean "space-time", but since we lack
>> a good vocabulary base for mathematical concepts, I don't think that
>> discussion would be very productive.
>
>logh-poH 'oH vIHtaHghach'e' 'e' vIHar. vIHbogh pat 'oH
>logh-poH'e'.

[I don't like using {poH} to mean "time" in general, the way we use
{logh} to refer to "space".]

pe'vIl jIQoch.  bImujbej.  Quv Del "space-time".  vIHlu' 'e' Delbe'.
wanI' ngu' "space-time" Quv.  bejwI'vaD Daq rep je Del.  vIHtaHchugh
bejwI' cha'DIch, Quv pIm juv ghaH, 'ach "space-time" Quv'e' juvbej.

"space-time" qellu'taHvIS, potlhbe' vIHtaHghach.  potlh Quv.
vIH vay' net DelchoHDI', "space" "time" je luchevlu'pu'.

Motion is not the important attribute of space-time.  Location in
both space (physical coordinates) and time (what a clock reads) is
what space-time is all about.  As soon as you start talking about
motion, you have separated space and time.

And I guess I was wrong about this discussion's productivity. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level