tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 08 13:35:12 1998

Re: Fw: walls

jItlhob:
> > should we say {qama' cha' raQ} for "two prisoner camps"?
> > I didn't think so...

jang charghwI':
> I would have thought so. As {cha' qama' raQ}, it would mean "the
> camp of two prisoners" or "two prisoners' camp". As {qama' cha'
> raQ} it means either "the two camps of prisoners" or "the
> prisoners' two camps", both of which make good sense.

hmmm... interpreting N-N as a unit, I would have said
{cha' qama' raQ} for both "(two-prisoner)-camp(s)" and
"two prisoner-camps" and let context sort it out.

{qama' cha' raQ} might (besides "prisoners' two camps")
mean "prisoner #2's camp", so this isn't unambiguous either.

Do I have to believe you are right or do we have canon either way?

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]

Back to archive top level