tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 08 13:08:21 1998

Re: Fw: walls

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:29:48 -0800 (PST) Marc Ruehlaender
<[email protected]> wrote:

> is there previous canon for an adjectival verb with
> the first noun in a N-N phrase?

'e' vIHarbe' 'ach jIyajchu'. 'ach yabwIj 'o'Daq Dablu'...

Or should I say:

yabwIj lo' law' pa'HomDaq Dablu'...

In the back of my mind, something is gnawing at me from
somewhere that this actually was the case. The CD maybe? The
song? jIqawlaHbe'.

> the placement of {bID} is interesting
> should we say {qama' cha' raQ} for "two prisoner camps"?
> I didn't think so...

I would have thought so. As {cha' qama' raQ}, it would mean "the
camp of two prisoners" or "two prisoners' camp". As {qama' cha'
raQ} it means either "the two camps of prisoners" or "the
prisoners' two camps", both of which make good sense.

>                                            Marc Ruehlaender
>                                            aka HomDoq
>                                            [email protected]

charghwI' 'utlh