tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 23 12:31:51 1996

Re: Paramount: tlhIngan Hol qab wIghItlh 'ach maQaQ

According to David Wood:

> For what it's worth, the title was originally supposed to read "Paramount: We
> write Bad Klingon but Feel Good" -- a parady of a line by Leslie Nielsen which I
> couldn't get out of my head (the line, not Leslie Nielsen). This was the thing
> for which I needed the word for "feel."
>
> ghItlhpu' charghwI' ghunchu'wi' 'ej:

> >999,992 years from now, Paramount's writer will have finished
> >Hamlet. nuqjatlh?
>
> All right... ghItlhwI'_mey_.

Scattered all about? Otherwise, it's ghItlhwI'pu'.

> >> tlhIngan Hol lughItlhtaHvIS mughato'mey'e' toghlaHbe'bogh law'qu'mo' vay'
> >> QaQ law' tlhIngan Hol ghItlhtaHvIS Paramount QaQ puS.
>
> >"Because the mugatos whom they count while they write Klingon
> >are very many, somebody is better than Paramount while it
> >writes Klingon language." nuqjatlh? mu'tlheghqoqvam
> >vIayajlaHbe'ba'.
>
> Nope, the sentence is packed tightly, but not THAT tightly. <toghlaHbe'bogh> =
> "which can't be counted" ~= "infinite". Note also the topicalizer on the
> mugatos. "The infinite number of mugatos write better Klingon than Paramount."
> Am I right? About the translation, anyway...

togh = "count", not "be counted". For that, you'd need
{toghlu'}, but you can't use that with {-laH}, so you have a
bit of a problem there. Why not {mughato'mey'e' toghlaHbogh
pagh}?

> -- David Wood, Freelance Computer Consultant
> ("Freelance" is just a cheesy way of saying "Irregularly Employed")

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \