tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 05 12:45:30 1996

indicating age

>Hmm.  According to TKD, "-vaD" means something like "for the benefit of."
>You may have to go back to the old standby of qaStaHvIS.  Or perhaps
>something like "wa'maH Hut ben jIbogh."  We could use a better way,
>though.

Is there canon for indicating age?  {wa'maH Hut jIH} seems too much of an
English idiom, that's why I didn't use it.  I like your {wa'maH Hut ben
jIbogh} though.  {qaStaHvIS wa'maH Hut DIS jIyIn} sounds too complicated,
in my opinion.

> ~mark

 dave yeung
{toD Duj 'oH toDuj'e'}